Midlands Construction Summit and Midlands G4C Awards Post Press Release
The Midlands Construction Summit was declared a huge success. The one-day conference created a platform to network with industry experts and discuss the latest construction solutions within the Midlands area.
The conference was chaired by Mark Wakeford - Managing Director of Stepnell & Director of event host Built Environment Hub.
Ann Bentley - Global Board Director of market leader Rider Levett Bucknall opened the conference by delivering a key note presentation on 'a procure for better value' where she discussed how small changes in our approach to procurement could have a big impact on the construction industry.
Ann's presentation was followed by an additional ten industry experts presenting on a variety of hot topics:
- Mark Wakeford - Managing Director, Stepnell
- Ann Bentley - Global Board Director, Rider Levett Bucknall Procure for better value - value for clients delivered by valued suppliers
- Joshua Southern - Associate Director - KPMG Smart Construction: improving productivity and predictability
- Robin Lapish - Supply Chain Manager, HS2 HS2: A 10-year pipeline of opportunity
- Maela Baker - Civil Engineer, Pick Everard Casting our nets wide to secure the future of construction
- Dr Pam Waddell - Director, Birmingham Science City Innovation and Sustainable Construction in the West Midlands
- Paul Chatwin - Associate, Cundall Wellbeing at work: the theory and the practice
- Maria Coulter - Owner, Construction Coach From 4p to £4million 12.50
- Mark Farmer - Founding Director & CEO, Cast Modernise or Die: One Year On
- Lorraine Gregory - Partnership Manager, CITB
- Andrew Bannister - Regional Business Team Leader, Scape Frameworks and the Power of Collaboration
- Daniel Leech - Managing Director, Cadcoe & TDS Midlands Taking Steps to Modernise Construction through Collaboration, Innovation and Education
The conference left delegates better informed and interested to find out more, many commented on the fabulous speaker line-up expressing how each one made valid points and raised a great discussion.
Taking place later that evening was the inaugural Midlands G4C Awards. The ceremony celebrated the achievements of young industry professionals and supporting organisations within the region and provide an exclusive opportunity to celebrate outstanding examples of excellence and best practice within the Midlands construction sector.
The awards were hosted by Wayne Hemingway- founder of Hemmingway Designs and fashion designer behind the now global brand Red or Dead.
The big winner of the night was Ozak Esu from Cundall who collected two awards! Young Professional of the Year and the big win of the night the David Bucknall - Rising Star Award, which was awarded to the highest scoring submission.
Full list of winners:
- Apprentice of the year Zak Heitmann - Cundall
- Student of the Year Josh Prescott - BAM Construction
- Young Trainee of the Year Simone Codrington - Willmott Dixon
- Mentor of the Year Phil Eves - BAM Construction
- Commitment to Training and Development - Cundall.